Son of Toolboxes
It’s here! The new and improved toolbox will hit the streets (well, we will be handing out two) later this month.
When we began this project three years ago, we had absolutely no idea of how much work they would be. That’s the trouble with trying to invent something new … it just goes on and on. In this case, on and on getting easier to use and better equipped.
There are two new toolboxes a red Box and a Blue Box (with Green Box on the way).
Each kit consists of a nifty school book trolley (or Cadi) built to cope with intensive handling by primary school children, and a zip up bag.
• The cadi contains the theme books, manual, topic handbooks and everything else a facilitator needs in order to give a series of around ten mini-workshops.
• The zip up bag contains the themed books each child will be asked to read and report on, writing and art materials, games and activities
The most important aspect of the toolboxes is the themes we cover in as much depth as possible.
Themes for Red Box (1)
1. BOOKS AND READING
4. THE ARTS
Themes for Blue Box (2)
2. SOUTH AFRICA
3. CHILDREN’S RIGHTS
5. BULLYING AND OTHER PROBLEMS
The Green Box, when it comes, will deal with Time and Landscape.
Note: Instructions for using the cadi (written clearly for children) include:
• You can use the cadi as a seat, but not to give your friends a lift
• Keep your Cadi away from jealous friends, they just want to break it
• Spinning on one of my corners is very painful
We look forward to seeing our workshop facilitators spinning with the new ideas.